Smashed some brick pallettes to bits last weekend and built this rustic woodbox to go at the back door and free up our wheelbarrow for real work.
Also went out and got another trailerload of firewood, but didn't take a photo of that ;-)
Had a BBQ for Martin V from Slovakia over the weekend, and since we had 12 people coming I thought we'd try extending our table.
At first, we were just going to push our old and new dining tables together, but then I thought i'd grab some "spare" 2400x1200 8mm MDF boards I had lying around for table tops.
That worked a treat, they are thick enough not to bend, despite hanging over the edge of the tables underneath by quite a bit.
We've not been able to get back to do the second sleeper wall for ages, as the second lot of sleepers were very warped when the arrived, and we decided to go and pick the next lot out ourselves.
We did that yesterday and then got to work on Sunday and finalised almost all the base level for the second sleeper wall.
We still need to put the second row of sleepers on, level it up a bit and fill all the holes in, but those bits are all easy.
We ordered 70 sleepers, have had 52 delivered, and used 48 of them.
Still need to put the pavers into the step areas, and get a bobcat to level things out, but the actual wall is basically finished.
We were sick of things being all over the place, and I was inspired by my Father and Brother in-law's sheds when we visited earlier in the week.
After the large amounts of rain this year, our new pavers were left covered with a layer of dirt, and we definitely needed to get some drainage and rearrange the soil.
We started by digging and levelling out where the wall needs to go.
Next, built the corner section, which is the anchor/starting point so that everything has somewhere to be level with.
Then aded all the posts and filled and levelled them.
Placed the second row of sleepers on top, ready for screwing in-place later today
We installed our solar System just over 2 years ago now, and the Wind Turbine was installed about 18 months ago.
Interestingly, the Solar system is stretching ahead with total kwh generated, despite the turbine spinning almost all the time.
However, adding the Turbine has made a huge difference, meaning we rarely need to run the generator at all.
In fact, the biggest problem with the Generator now isn't keeping it fueled, its keeping the starter battery charged as we don't use it often enough!
We finally got the paving done around our house.
This will make the outside much more usable for BBQ's etc this year.
Now just have to put back all the fences and start working on landscaping.